Safety Is Our Highest Priority on Every Project
We develop safety partnerships with contractors and owners to protect the health and safety of our millwrights — and to safeguard owners’ investments. Our goal is to remove jobsite injuries, prevent work stoppages due to unsafe conditions and eliminate higher project costs due to illnesses, accidents and deaths, worker disabilities and workers’ compensation claims.
UBC Certified Rigger and Signaler Program Accredited
Our Certified Rigger and Signaler Program is now accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agency. The certification exceeds all requirements for riggers and signalers in the USA and Canada.
Through continuous training, the UBC instills a core value of safe work within everyone, from apprentices to superintendents. We live up to our standards through a commitment to proactive leadership, dedication to creating a safety-conscious environment and the determination to achieve zero-accident jobsites.
Dedication to Safety by UBC Contractors
Our employers’ primary goal is to complete a project with no incidents or injuries. A UBC contractor delivers safe jobsite practices by:
- Including a health-and-safety management system and safety performance history in bid documents.
- Providing a crew of millwrights with proven track records in safe work.
- Verifying safety qualifications and training of employees.
- Conducting a safety-orientation meeting with all employees prior to the job’s launch.
- Communicating with project managers and owners regarding hazards and safety risks.
- Demanding and maintaining a drug-free workforce.
- Implementing a safety risk-assessment and mitigation program.
- Completing safety audits with truthful and comprehensive information.
- Eradicating hazardous or unsafe conditions or practices quickly and efficiently.
Our Difference Is Our Training
UBC millwrights are trained to work and support an injury- and accident-free jobsite through attentiveness and continuous improvement in safety measures. Safety training starts on the first day of apprenticeship – and we reinforce safety throughout the Millwright’s career.
The UBC Difference
UBC millwrights acquire the skills, knowledge and preparation to work safe by focusing on:
- Responsibility to others.
- Understanding the contractor’s and owner’s safety expectations and potential unsafe factors on each job.
- Safe performance and task completion, as well as safe behavior in and around active work areas.
- Maintaining up-to-date safety, human performance, first-aid and OSHA qualifications.
- Effective communication with co-workers and supervisors during all tasks.
The Bottom Line
Safety and productivity is not an “either or” proposition. Performing work safely is in the DNA of UBC millwrights. Safety-conscious contractors know that safety issues are minimized, without hindering productivity, when UBC millwrights are on the job. The stakes reach far beyond the fiscal benefits for both labor and management.
Get in Touch Before Your Next Project Starts
Contact the UBC millwrights now to get more details on hiring the most dedicated and highly trained skilled labor. A representative will respond to your inquiry directly.